The Settling In: New & Newer Religious Educator Training is a 3-part series course offered in an online format in 2022 on Wednesdays, August 31, September 7 and 14, 9-10:30am PT / 10-11:30am MT / 11am-12:30pm CT / 12-1:30pm ET. Nancy Combs Morgan, MCRE, and the Revs. Marisol Caballero and Sarah Gettie McNeill will facilitate the training, and a number of guest speakers will join us at various points throughout. This training is valued at $175 with Continuing Education Grants available (more details below). The registration deadline is August 21. Registration for this event takes place on the UUA website.
The Settling In: New & Newer Religious Educator Training is an online learning experience comprised of three 1 1/2-hour webinars with reading and other assignments for each session. Full participation includes:
- Online attendance at three one-and-one-half-hour sessions
- Reading and reflection to prepare for each session
- Submission of final evaluation within a week of the ending of the module.
The overall goals of this training are:
- Create a shared learning community where religious educators can form supportive, professional relationships across distance and time;
- Provide an overview of resources available to religious educators, including curricula and safety policies;
- Inform religious educators of professional organizations and resources for professional growth;
- Form a laboratory to explore COVID-19 adaptations for congregational life and religious education programs; and
- Equip religious educators with resources to dismantle white supremacy in themselves and their congregations.
The synchronous webinar platform is Zoom.
In order to access module materials, participants must have registered for an account with the UU Leadership Institute. On uuinstitute.org, click on “Register” at the top right and follow instructions on the page. If you have already participated in a UULI training, use the log in information you have already created. After you have registered, the training administrators will send you a code and instructions to add the training to your profile.
Asynchronous materials will be available to registered participants here on the UU Leadership Institute. Each session’s materials will be released two weeks prior to each webinar session.
This training is valued at $175, payable by credit card at the time of sign up. If you would benefit from our Continuing Education Grant, it is available to all religious professionals, up to $500 per annum.